Kids These Days
Hey, we asked a few kids to volunteer to help with this puzzle. The boys are Conrad, Jacob, Sammy (aka "Sam"), and William, and the girls are Beatrice, Kazuko, Lisa, Lisbeth, and Trisha. They're each supposed to be holding a distinct (integer) number from 2 to 10, and in a neat row from position 1 on the left to position 9 on the right, but we've been having trouble with them. I know you're not exactly on a first-name basis with them, but could you give it a go?
- Both square numbers should be held by the kids at either end of the line.
- Exactly one boy should hold an odd number.
- Exactly one pair of boys should stand adjacent to each other, and exactly one pair of girls should stand adjacent to each other.
- Kazuko's held number should be strictly greater than their position number.
- Lisa should hold the number '6'.
- One of the girls was responsible for damage to an insect living space.
- The fan of the MLB player nicknamed 'Flash' should stand in position 1.
- The flawless paragon should have a held number strictly less than their position number.
- The holder of the number '5' has a position number one less than Kazuko's and one more than Beatrice's.
- The kid with infinite knowledge should hold a number equal to twice of the number held by the alternative energy specialist.
- The number held by the kid at the rightmost end of the line, who isn't the time traveller, should be a multiple of a number held by a boy.
- The property thief should stand immediately to the left of the kid holding the number '8'.
- There are exactly three kids between the two kids with property deeds.